Established in Paris in 2009 by Deborah Brown Pivain, Caroline Pivain Quan-Ngoc, et Alexandre Pivain, Gentle Gourmet is the founding House of Vegan Gastronomy. Our mission is to combine the finesse of French gastronomy with an ethical and ecological dimension, all the while preserving that of pleasure.
We select and cultivate the best ingredients, perfect each recipe with passion and precision, to offer you an incomparable experience of Vegan Haute Cuisine.
We have over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry and in the promotion of Veganism in France.
- 2000-2007 : B&B and 6000 m² (1.5 acres) organic kitchen garden in Brosville (Normandy)
- 2008 : Creation of the brand Gentle Gourmet, for the promotion of veganism through food & gastronomy
- 2009-2012 : The Gentle Gourmet B&B, Paris 16e : first vegan urban B&B in the world
- 2009-2013 : Paris Vegan Days – founder and organizers of the first vegan festival in Paris (4 editions, 400 visitors in 2009, 12 000 in 2013)
- 2012 : Launching of Gentle Gourmet Café, Paris 12e : first vegan restaurant in Paris
- 2016 : Launching of Gentle Gourmet Institute – culinary courses for amateurs and professionnals ; revival of the organic and veganic kitchen garden in Brosville
- 2017 : Expansion of the catering activity (B2C, B2B), launching of a vegan line of products and opening of a new pastry café in the heart of Paris
Through our restaurants, catering services, culinary institute, and e-boutique, our ambition is to foster worldwide, a fundamental social change through which eating becomes an ethical act, symbol of refinement, solidarity and empathy.