Gentle Gourmet is a family business, genuinely vegan, founded by Deborah Brown Pivain, Caroline Pivain Quan-Ngoc, et Alexandre Pivain in 2009. Our mission is to combine the finesse of French gastronomy with an ethical and ecological dimension, while preserving that of pleasure.
We carefully select and grow high quality products, perfect each recipe with passion and precision, to offer you an incomparable experience of Vegan Haute Cuisine. Through our work, creations and services we suggest a more subtle and respectful art de vivre.
Our company has more than 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry and in the promotion of Veganism in France.
- 2000-2007 : B&B and 6000 m² (1.5 acres) organic kitchen garden in Brosville (Normandy)
- 2008 : Creation of the brand Gentle Gourmet, for the promotion of veganism through food & gastronomy
- 2009-2012 : The Gentle Gourmet B&B, Paris 16e : first vegan urban B&B in the world
- 2009-2013 : Paris Vegan Days – founder and organizers of the first vegan festival in Paris (4 editions, 400 visitors in 2009, 12 000 in 2013)
- 2012 : Launching of Gentle Gourmet Café, Paris 12e : first vegan restaurant in Paris
- 2016 : Launching of Gentle Gourmet Institute – culinary courses for amateurs and professionnals ; revival of the organic and veganic kitchen garden in Brosville
- 2017 : Expansion of the catering activity (B2C, B2B), launching of a vegan line of products and opening of a new pastry café in the heart of Paris
Our ambition is to foster a fundamental social change through which eating becomes an ethical act, symbol of refinement, sharing and empathy.